When it comes to the success of your kids activity center, applying the right digital marketing strategies is half the battle. A balanced mix of search engine optimization, pay-per-click marketing, content marketing, social media advertising, and email marketing is at the heart of building a dedicated audience and growing a successful business.
Whether you’re a rookie local marketer or a more seasoned and savvy specialist, there is something in here for everyone. So, let’s dive into tried and true as well as creative and new local marketing suggestions to attract and maintain your customer base.
1. Set Up Detailed Local Advertising
Oftentimes, small kids activity center don’t have the advertising budget of big competitors, but fortunately, there are cost-effective ways to increase revenue and establish your brand as the talk of the town. Here are some tried and true suggestions on how to use advanced targeting capabilities of online ads to get a solid ROI on your advertising spend.
- Consider creating customized landing pages for each of your Google Ads campaigns. The ideal flowchart for your campaigns should be: Click on Ad > Go to Relevant Landing Page > Convert.
- Utilize remarketing to encourage your customers to leave reviews. You can create a confirmation or thank you page on your website that appears after a customer fills out a form or completes an event tracked by Google Analytics.
- Ever wonder how you can cut through the noise among other Google Ads? Try talking in the third person. “We Hired Them to Do Our Fridge, and It Was Perfect,” “They Truly Are Best Plumber,” “I’m a Raving Fan After Their Customer Service. You Need to Try Them.” Read through your customer reviews and use them in your Google Ads copy to add a personal touch.
3. Optimize Your Google Business Profile
Whether you want it or not, we can’t skip Google My Business (GMB) here. It’s one of the most essential things to do. The good news is we know how to optimize your GMB for local search. Here is a step-by-step instructions:
- Choose appropriate primary and secondary categories
- Fill out relevant category-specific information
- Upload professional photos
- Include your Unique Selling Proposition in your description
- Create product catalogs
- Set up messaging
- Encourage reviews
All of these points are crucial for SEO of kids activity center since they control which keywords your business will show up for. You may know all of that, so here are a couple of insights, tips, and tools to implement:
- include an address widget on all pages;
- link to your website site from your GMB listing;
- work to get featured on local news sites and business directories;
- set up Google Search Console and fix any glaring technical SEO issues;
- aim for the long-tail keywords (less competitive and often more targeted);
- create flagship content like customer research to attract backlinks from authoritative sites.
3. Hone in on Local Keywords
Knowing how local customers search for the products or services you offer is the foundation of local SEO. Google’s own Keyword Planner lets you filter keyword searches based on location, so you get an idea of the popular search terms for a given region. This lets you create a list of locally relevant keywords to target.
So, which one do you need to target? It’s better to choose long-tail ones, and here is why.
- general to your niche
- huge competition
- if you lose your position for that short keyword, you’ll be at risk of losing your Google positions.
- specific to your niche & target audience
- low competition
- if you’re in the Top 10 for 200 long-tail keywords and someone outranks you for several of them, this won’t influence your kids center.
4. Leverage Social Media
Almost every brand disposes of social media accounts today. So, you have to understand that competition there is extremely high. Moreover, you should think about what special you can offer people, then bring this information to them.
As we know, all the platforms have different purposes and peculiar features. Surely, it is better to use several social media, but it is important to choose the one to focus on.
For kids activity center, it’s better to use Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. The average users age of these social media platforms is higher than on other TikTok or Pinterest, for instance. However, if your target audience is parents who are looking for kids activities, it’ll work perfectly.
5. Use Email Marketing
First, start with setting up an email newsletter to highlight your top pieces of content, motivate the target audience to interact, and “push” email recipients to take steps closer to conversion. You can do it by adding a CTA (call-to-action), high-quality & suitable images enhancing the message, and relevant links for sharing in social networks.
Also, don’t forget about simple segmentation. Divide your audience up and create personalized interactions based on where they are in their journey with your kids activity center. It increases customer lifetime value.
6. Consider Content Seeding
It is a type of digital marketing strategy that involves “planting” your content on various off-site platforms to help reach a wider audience & increase brand awareness. You should start by cooperating with bloggers and influencers.
We are all used to the concept that it is better to work with million-bloggers, old-timers. On the contrary to this, you can choose to work with small influencers, even with two thousand followers. As a result, your advertisement will look like a piece of friendly advice. The majority of followers on such accounts are close people, friends, or relatives.
One more important detail is that you should choose bloggers with responsibility, according to your target audience, product, and prices.
7. Implement Value Additions
In addition to the above strategies, offering value additions like discounts, freebies, or loyalty programs can be a big boon for your kids activity center once they’re up and running. Repeat customers are the lifeblood of any business, and providing them with extra incentives to choose your center over others can go a long way in building customer loyalty and driving revenue.
Consider offering a percentage off on their next visit or membership card. By making your customers feel valued, you can create a positive reputation in your local community and attract new customers through word-of-mouth referrals. Remember, a little goes a long way when it comes to keeping customers happy and coming back for more!
As can be seen, making your kids activity center the talk of the town requires a combination of effective marketing strategies and exceptional customer service. By optimizing your online presence, building a strong brand identity, leveraging social media, and offering exclusive deals and promotions, you can increase your visibility, attract new customers, and build a strong reputation in the local community.