WHAT IS ADVERTISING? WHY DOES FACEBOOK WORK? WHAT SHOULD YOU MEASURE?
Tip: Want to skip straight to the video? Scroll down the page 🙂
I like to define The GOAL OF ADVERTISING as a way to reach people most likely to pay for a company's products or services and entice them to buy and Facebook and Instagram advertising is a fantastic way to achieve that goal.
Facebook and Instagram advertising works because your customers, new and existing, use Facebook and Instagram every day and with its ability to target people by age, interests, behavior, and location, it is currently the most targeted form of advertising you can do in your business and a fantastic way to generate new interest & inquiries for your business.
In the video below, one of the topics I cover is "what happens when you start advertising on Facebook?" and I have listed them below to give you some insight into why you should read this.
- Increased reach & brand recognition and making people aware of what you have to offer.
- Increased website traffic of people interested in learning more about your business.
- Increased inquiries from Facebook and your website.
- Increased phone calls of people who want to find out more & prefer to talk over the phone.
- Increased number of walk-ins after being made aware of your business.
- Increased word-of-mouth and referrals from people sharing your business with friends.
- Increased SEO rankings, with social signals from your social media content.
- Increased repeat business from past customers who are reminded about your business.
While some of the above benefits take some time to build up, what can happen pretty much straight away is that you can reach new potential customers for your business because the moment you make an ad go live you are putting your business in front of new people. Pretty exciting right?
There is a catch though... You need to work hard to manage the inquiries that come in, to followup with the inquiries that come and to manage the additional sales that follow. Let me expand on that a little. Let's say you currently get 15 inquiries a month and you're looking to grow so you start running ads on Facebook and Instagram and they are a success. Suddenly you could find you are dealing with twice as many inquiries which means a minimum of twice the amount of work you were doing previously chasing up with people who had made inquiries with your business.
Don't let that put you off though, quite the opposite, I know that in our business we want to be as busy as possible following up with potential new customers and it should be no different for you as this is the lifeblood of our business.
WATCH: WHAT IS ADVERTISING? WHY DOES FACEBOOK WORK? WHAT SHOULD YOU MEASURE?